Information for Californian Consumers
Updated: July 21, 2021
Categories of Personal Information Collected, Disclosed or Sold
In this section we summarize the categories of personal information that we have collected, disclosed, or sold and the purposes thereof.
Information We Collect
We have collected the following categories of personal information about you:
- Internet information.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information without notifying you.
How We Collect Information
We collect the above-mentioned categories of personal information, either directly or indirectly, from you when you use this Application.
- You directly provide your personal information when you submit requests via any forms on this Application
- You provide personal information indirectly when you navigate this Application, as personal information about you is automatically observed and collected
- We may collect your personal information from third parties that work with us in connection with the Service or with the functioning of this Application and features thereof
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We may disclose the personal information we collect about you to a third party for business purposes. In this case, we enter a written agreement with such third party that requires the recipient to both keep the personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose(s) other than those necessary for the performance of the agreement. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties when you explicitly ask or authorize us to do so, to provide you with our Service.
Sale of Your Personal Information
For our purposes, the word “sale” means any “selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic means, a consumer's personal information by the business to another business or a third party, for monetary or other valuable consideration”.
Your Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information & How to Opt-Out
You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information. This means that whenever you request us to stop selling your data, we will abide by your request. Such requests can be made freely, at any time, without submitting any verifiable request. If you’d like to know more or exercise your right to opt out in regard to all the sales carried out by this Application, both online and offline, you can contact us for further information using the contact details provided in this document.
Why do We use Your Personal Information?
We may use your personal information to allow the operational functioning of this Application and features thereof (“business purposes”).
- In such cases, your personal information will be processed in a fashion necessary and proportionate to the business purpose for which it was collected, and strictly within limits of compatible operational purposes.
We may also use your personal information for other reasons such as for commercial purposes, as well as for complying with the law and defending our rights before the competent authorities where our rights and interests are threatened, or we suffer an actual damage.
We will not use your personal information for different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without notifying you.
Your California Privacy Rights and How to Exercise Them
Right to Know
You have the right to request that we disclose to you:
- the categories and sources of the personal information that we collect about you, the purposes for which we use your information and with whom such information is shared;
- in case of sale of personal information or disclosure for a business purpose, two separate lists where we disclose:
- for sales, the personal information categories purchased by each category of recipient; and
- for disclosures for a business purpose, the personal information categories obtained by each category of recipient.
The disclosure described above will be limited to the personal information collected or used over the past 12-months.
If we deliver our response electronically, the information enclosed will be "portable", i.e., delivered in an easily usable format to enable you to transmit the information to another entity without hindrance – if this is technically feasible.
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information, subject to exceptions set forth by the law (such as, including but not limited to, where the information is used to identify and repair errors on this Application, to detect security incidents and protect against fraudulent or illegal activities, to exercise certain rights etc.).
If no legal exception applies, as a result of exercising your right, we will delete your personal information and direct any of our service providers to do so.
How to Exercise Your Rights
To exercise the rights described above, you need to submit your verifiable request to us by contacting us via the details provided in this document.
For us to respond to your request, it is necessary that we know who you are. Therefore, you can only exercise the above rights twice over a period of 12-months by making a verifiable request which must:
- provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative;
- describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We will not respond to any request if we are unable to verify your identity and therefore confirm the personal information in our possession relates to you.
If you cannot personally submit a verifiable request, you can authorize a person registered with the California Secretary of State to act on your behalf.
If you are an adult, you can make a verifiable request on behalf of a minor under your parental authority.
Response and Timing
We will confirm receipt of your verifiable request within (10) days and provide information about how we will process your request. We will respond to your request within (45) days of its receipt. Should we need more time, we will explain to you the reasons why, and how much more time we need. Please note, we may take up to (90) days to fulfill your request.
Our disclosure(s) will cover the preceding 12-month period.
Should we deny your request, we will explain you the reasons behind our denial.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable request unless such request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. In such cases, we may charge a reasonable fee, or refuse to act on the request. In either case, we will communicate our choices and explain the reasons behind it.
Updates to this Section
We may update this section to reflect changes to our information practices or in the regulations. When we make changes to this section, we will post all changes and update the effective date accordingly.
Phone: (800) 798-4080
Postal Address: Privacy & Security
500 1st St. SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401