- Title: President
- Division: Executive
- Specialties: About TrueNorth
- Email: Contact Jason Smith
- Office: TrueNorth, Cedar Rapids Office (Headquarters)
500 1st St SE,
- Phone: 319-364-5193, 800-798-4080
- Office Fax: (319) 862-0612
- Biography: Jason brings more than 20 years of industry expertise to TrueNorth Companies. His entrepreneurial background, innovative energy and desire to create value aligns with the organization's vision and ability to innovate change. As President, Jason is focused on leading the firm's growth strategies, client value creation & innovation, and building and leading teams.
Jason is an active member of the American Trucking Association (ATA) and serves on the Image and Communications Committee as well as the Independent Contractor Policy Committee. He is also actively involved in Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA), Truckload Carriers Association (TCA), National Advanced Driving Simulator (NADS) and Iowa Motor Truck Association (IMTA).
- Education: Jason graduated from the University of Iowa with a business degree specializing in Management and Marketing.
- Responsibilities: In addition to TrueNorth's Board of Directors, Jason currently sits on the Boards of the Open Road Foundation, Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust, and Sleep Solutions. He also supports The University of Iowa's Vaughan Institute: a Risk Management and Insurance certification program offered through the university's Tippie College of Business and Ohio State University's Risk Institute within the Fisher College of Business.
- Specialty: Risk Management, Insurance, Transportation Industry, Entrepreneurship, Innovator, Leader