- Title: President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Division: Executive
- Specialties: About TrueNorth
- Email: Contact Jason Smith
- Office: TrueNorth, Cedar Rapids Office (Headquarters)
500 1st St SE,
- Phone: 319-364-5193, 800-798-4080
- Office Fax: (319) 862-0612
- Biography: With more than 25 years of industry experience in claims, accounting, sales, operations, solution development, client service and team building, Jason brings a hands-on approach to value creation as CEO of TrueNorth. He understands the expectations of the client and works diligently as a leader to ensure TrueNorth colleagues deliver on the shared Vision, Mission and Purpose of TrueNorth.
Jason is an active member of the American Trucking Association (ATA) and Iowa Motor Truck Association (IMTA). He volunteers his time and expertise to the Young Presidents’ Organization (YPO), Rotary, and The Council of Insurance Agents & Brokers.
In addition to TrueNorth's Board of Directors and Legacy Foundation Board, Jason serves on the board for Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust (CRB&T), the Iowa Motor Truck Association (IMTA) and The Open Road Foundation.
- Education: Jason graduated from the University of Iowa in 1998 with degrees in business management and marketing.
- Responsibilities: Our next generation of professionals in Risk Management and Insurance is important to Jason. He actively supports The University of Iowa’s Vaughan Institute and The Ohio State University’s Risk Institute.
A frequent speaker, Jason is consistently recognized as a leader in the industry, community, and in organizational leadership. Jason is active in dozens of philanthropic organizations ranging from 100+ Who Care to the United Way of East Central Iowa.
- Specialty: Entrepreneur, innovator, problem-solver, collaborator, team-builder, risk management & insurance expert, Transportation industry specialist.