- Title: Principal & Practice Leader
- Division: Transportation
- Email: Contact Dan Cook
- Office: TrueNorth, Cedar Rapids Office (Headquarters)
500 1st St SE,
- Phone: (616) 690-5856, 800-798-4080
- Office Fax: (319) 862-0612
- Biography: Dan specializes in Risk Financing Strategies, Alternative Risk Financing Programs, M&A Due Diligence, Transportation & Logistics and Risk Mitigation Systems. Having personally invested in over a dozen companies, Dan approaches solving business problems from an owner’s perspective.
- Education: Dan graduated from Ferris State University with a Bachelor of Science in Finance and Insurance. Since college, he has achieved numerous professional designations and awards to include the Chartered Property & Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Certified Insurance Counselor CIC), Certified Risk Manager (CRM), Associate in Marine Insurance Management (AMIM), Associate in Risk Management (ARM), Accredited Advisor in Insurance (AAI) and Transportation Risk Specialist (TRS) designations.
- Responsibilities: Dan’s responsibilities include helping clients develop risk financing strategies related to reducing cost-of-risk on a long-term, sustainable basis that aligns with their operational objectives. Dan leads the national primary transportation practice in addition to heading large project teams; his passion stems from the 'innovate' and 'build' aspects of a business, procuring development of industry-leading processes, such as the 5C’s of Risk Financing™ approach.
- Specialty: Over the past 20 years Dan has developed a Risk Based Due Diligence model that assigns additive or derivative value against EBIDTA. Dan leads the TrueNorth M&A Advisory Group facilitating transactions from both the buy and sell sides.
- Designations: CPCU, CIC, ARM, AMIM, AAI
- Designations Description: Dan joined the TrueNorth team in 2013. Prior to that Dan was Vice President – National Accounts at Marsh & McLennan Agency Company. Through previously holding executive positions with an insurance company, multiple insurance agencies and a national broker he brings a wealth of perspective. Dan is an avid student of insurance and finance and is deeply involved in the operational aspects of his clients' businesses. Dan has over 30 years of experience in the insurance industry, leading large account service teams in VA, TX, MI, MN and GA. Dan presently serves on multiple boards within the transportation industry, to include presently as Chairman of the NAFC M&A Task Force and as a champion for litigation reform actively participating in the ATA Litigation and Tort Reform campaign.