- Title: Principal & Practice Leader
- Division: Transportation
- Email: Contact Dan Cook
- Office: TrueNorth, Cedar Rapids Office (Headquarters)
500 1st St SE,
- Phone: (616) 690-5856, 800-798-4080
- Office Fax: (319) 862-0612
- Biography: Dan specializes in developing risk financing and cost-of-risk mitigation strategies for the transportation industry and complex risk. His financial approach, innovative energy and focus fuel solutions for clients that reduce their operating costs on a long-term, sustainable basis. Dan has held a number of executive-level business, insurance brokerage and underwriting positions prior to joining TrueNorth where he now leads the transportation practice risk financing team from TrueNorth's Michigan office.
Dan is an avid student of insurance and finance and is deeply involved in the operational aspects of his clients' businesses. Dan presently serves on multiple boards and for several industry associations. For the past 20 years, Dan has been an active member of various economics clubs, industry associations, the International Risk Management Institute (IRMI) and the Risk & Insurance Management Society (RIMS). Through this involvement and a personal interest in developing college students, Dan has become a frequent speaker at both state and national levels. Dan speaks regularly at universities on both finance and statistics and has taught continuing legal education courses in MI, VA, IA, NC and Washington D.C.
- Education: Dan graduated from Ferris State University with a Bachelor of Science in Finance and Insurance. Since college, he has achieved numerous professional designations and awards.
- Responsibilities: Dan is a principal and the Director of Risk Finance. His responsibilities include helping clients develop risk financing strategies related to reducing cost-of-risk on a long-term, sustainable basis that aligns with their operational objectives. Dan leads the national primary transportation practice in addition to heading large project teams; his passion stems from the 'innovate' and 'build' aspects of a business, procuring development of industry-leading processes, such as the 5C's of Risk Financing approach.
- Specialty: Risk Financing Strategies, Alternative Risk Financing Programs, Transportation & Logistics, Risk Transfer Systems, Insurance Placement.
- Designations: CPCU, CIC, ARM, AMIM, AAI
- Designations Description: Chartered Property & Casualty Underwriter, Certified Insurance Counselor, Associate in Marine Insurance Management, Associate in Risk Management, Accredited Advisor in Insurance.