- Title: Executive Chairman
- Division: Executive
- Specialties: About TrueNorth
- Email: Contact Duane Smith
- Office: TrueNorth, Cedar Rapids Office (Headquarters)
500 1st St SE,
- Phone: 319-364-5193, 800-798-4080
- Office Fax: (319) 862-0612
- Biography: Duane Smith is an entrepreneur at heart; from a young boy mowing lawns to the visionary of an $80 million insurance and financial firm, Smith's passion for business has spurred a life filled with entrepreneurial endeavors. Smith is the chief executive officer of TrueNorth Companies. In addition to his role at TrueNorth, Smith also serves as chairman for Avant INS. and Health Solutions. Duane also owns Duffy's Collectible Cars, a venture that marries his love for business with the thrill of fast-moving machinery.
As president of Insurance Service Corporation, Duane represented one of the three companies that merged to form TrueNorth in 2001, creating the largest financial services firm of its kind in Eastern Iowa. The organization now spans well beyond the state's borders with 14 locations throughout the United States.
- Education: Mr. Smith graduated from the University of Northern Iowa with a degree in Business. He has also completed the highest insurance designation of CIC, Certified Insurance Counselor.
- Responsibilities: Offering his focus, talent and energy to worthy causes, Duane serves the community as a board member, financial contributor and stakeholder. These efforts align with a personal mission to "provide value and instill confidence in others to succeed." A mentor to many within TrueNorth, Duane extends this passion to leaders and organizations throughout the Eastern Iowa Corridor.
- Designations: CIC
- Designations Description: Certified Insurance Counselor