Charitable Giving: The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research
During the month of April, TrueNorth will be raising funds for the Michael J. Fox Foundation, a national organization aimed to help fund research and find a cure for Parkinson's disease.
The foundation is dedicated to finding a cure for Parkinson's disease through an aggressively funded research agenda and ensuring the development of improved therapies for those living with Parkinson's today. Since 2000, The Michael J. Fox Foundation has funded more than $750 million to speed a cure for Parkinson's disease.
How TrueNorth Plans to Help
- TrueNorth will kick off fundraising efforts by hosting a building-wide bake sale. Treats will be supplied by members of our Employee Benefits division.
- In honor of Michael J. Fox, TrueNorth's Casual for a Cause committee will be hosting a Back to the Future trivia contest. Teams of five will compete for prizes and the title of "ultimate movie buff." All proceeds will support the Michael J. Fox Foundation.
- The week of April 23rd is puzzle week at TrueNorth. Puzzle packs will be available for purchase and a winner will be drawn each day throughout the week. All money raised will be donated to the Michael J. Fox Foundation
- As always, you can count on seeing the TrueNorth team sporting denim the last Wednesday in April, as the office will be partaking in our monthly "Casual for a Cause" day to help support Parkinson's research.
How You Can Help
- Donate: Since inception in 2000, 89 cents of every dollar spent by the Michael J. Fox Foundation has gone straight to grants and initiatives to speed a cure for Parkinson's disease.
- Get Involved: People with Parkinson's and their loved ones play a critical role in accelerating research toward a cure for Parkinson's disease. Whether you participate in clinical trials, send action alerts to members of Congress or host educational events in your hometown - everyone can take part in helping end Parkinson's in our lifetime.
At TrueNorth, our culture is front and center in everything we do.
We have created a one-of-a-kind environment where a group of professionals and entrepreneurs who share passions for community, family and teamwork come together to make a difference for each other. We take pride in building trust in TrueNorth from the inside out. Find out more about TrueNorth's history and culture here.
TrueNorth is the largest insurance and financial services firm of its kind based in Eastern Iowa. Today, our dedicated staff consists of nearly 250 people an
... read more