Preparing for Summer Vacation
Are you trying to squeeze the last bit out of Summer?
When you're heading out for your family vacation, it’s easy to overlook basic home safety precautions.
To protect your residence while you’re away and enjoy a worry-free trip, keep in mind the following tips:
- Unplug small appliances and electronic devices.
- Lock all windows and doors.
- Pause newspaper and mail deliveries.
- Lock valuables in a fireproof safe.
- Arrange to have your lawn mowed while you’re away.
- Have a trusted neighbor or family member keep an eye on your home throughout your trip.
- Avoid leaving your house key outside your home, even if you think it’s in a safe place.
- Set timers on inside lights and install a motion-activated sensor on outdoor floodlights.
- Consider turning off your home’s water.
- Avoid posting photos of your trip on social media until after you return home.
- Raise the temperature on your thermostat or turn the system off completely. This ensures that you aren’t paying to cool your home while you are away.
Taking the proper precautions before you go on vacation can make all the difference when it comes to preventing damage to your home. However, even when taking the right steps to protect your residence, accidents can still happen. As such, it’s important to ensure you have adequate insurance coverage.
Contact us today for more information and tips on keeping your home safe.
This publication has been prepared by TrueNorth Companies, L.C. and is intended for informational purposes only. Transmission of this publication is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, a client relationship with TrueNorth Companies, L.C. This publication does not constitute any type of representation or warranty, and does not constitute, and should not be relied upon as, legal advice. This publication is not a contract and does not amend, modify or change any insurance policy you may have with an insurance carrier. © 2022 TrueNorth Companies, L.C. All rights reserved.
In addition to helpful weekly guidance on home and auto, TrueNorth provides a number of insurance options to protect your family from risk. For information on a home or auto quote, visit www.iTrueNorth.com or call us at (319) 739-1277. We'd like nothing more than to help safeguard the things that matter most to you.
Obtain a quote on home or auto
Learn more about TrueNorth Risk Management
... read more about author