Professional Driver Coverage


Independent Advantage offers cost-effective business coverage solutions so that you can focus on running your business safely and efficiently! Our knowledgeable staff has access to coverages designed to meet the requirements of many motor carriers and lien-holders, so you can get driving.

Ready to chat?

Get Started
Business Coverages

Trip Insurance & Temporary Coverage

Anytime you are not leased to a carrier, you need to get Trip Insurance.

Let us help you find the best solution for you. Trip Insurance is available to Independent Contractors who are not currently under lease to a motor carrier, but need insurance on their equipment.

Trip Insurance is intended to provide Physical Damage Coverage on the tractor, protecting you - the owner operator - from potential loss, as well as satisfying the requirements of any potential lien-holders. Trip Insurance also provides a Non-Trucking Liability Policy, which would give temporary liability coverage to an owner operator to move the equipment from one point to another.

This is typically needed when purchasing a new truck or taking your equipment to a new motor carrier. Once leased with the carrier, you also have the option to seamlessly convert the temporary trip policy to a permanent policy through Independent Advantage.

Add Trip Insurance to your plan.

Call 833-243-8647 Email

Top of Page

Personal Benefits

Work Injury & Occupational Accident

Occupational Accident Insurance is a work injury protection plan designed to help 1099 paid, independent contractors in the event that they are injured in an on-the-job, trucking-related accident. Occupational Accident Insurance is not to be confused with Workers' Compensation Coverage as they are not the same.

Occupational Accident Insurance provides benefits up to the stated limits of the policy in the event of:

  • short and long-term disability
  • medical expenses
  • accidental death

The benefits provided can assist you with:

  • truck payments
  • insurance
  • rent/mortgage payments
  • living expenses

Additionally, most motor carriers require owner operators to carry work injury insurance as a requirement of the owner operator lease agreement. In many cases, Occupational Accident Insurance can satisfy this requirement.

Add Occupational Accident insurance to your plan.

Call 833-243-8647 Email

Top of Page

Business and Tax Consulting

Non-Trucking Liability & Bobtail Insurance

Non-Trucking Liability insurance is designed to cover legal liability incurred when you are using your truck outside the business of trucking or for personal use.

Most motor carriers require Non-Trucking Liability coverage, as stated in owner operator lease agreements. 

Independent Advantage also offers Bobtail Liability Coverage. Bobtail Liability provides coverage in the event that you would be operating your tractor while it is not hooked to a trailer. Bobtail Insurance is required by motor carriers as stated in owner operator lease agreements.

Add Non-Trucking Liability Insurance to your plan.

Call 833-243-8647 Email

Top of Page

Safety and Compliance

Physical Damage

Life on the road can come with risk - from damage in an accident or natural disaster, to vandalim or theft.

Physical Damage coverage offers 24-hour protection if your tractor or trailer are damaged or totaled, helping pay for repairs or replacement of equipment. Physical Damage coverage is offered nationwide, so wherever the road takes you, your rig is protected. 

Add Extended coverage to our Physical Damage for extra benefits, like:

  • Downtime
  • Rental reimbursement
  • Diminishing deductible to reward safe driving
  • Personal property and electronic equipment coverage 

Extended coverage is an optional coverage available on some Physical Damage programs

Add Physical Damage insurance to your plan.

Call 833-243-8647 Email

Top of Page

Personal Benefits

Personal Property

Oh no! Your truck was in an accident and you lost some of your personal belongings. Personal Property Insurance provides coverage for your stuff when you are out on the road.

If your truck is exclusively used for business purposes, you may face substantial personal risk, as many Homeowner's and Renter's policies exclude personal property. Additionally, varying coverage limits and deductibles may not provide adequate coverage for the replacement of your personal belongings in the event of a loss.

Personal Property Insurance is designed to cover the special items you keep in your truck. The coverage provides replacement due to theft, accident or other causes - all covered by a deductible as low as $100.

Coverage includes, but is not limited to, the following items:

  • computers
  • CD players
  • cell phones
  • multimedia (CDs, DVDs, etc.)
  • tools and toolboxes
  • tablets and mobile electronic devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.)
  • CB radio
  • television
  • clothing

Add Personal Property insurance to your plan.

Call 833-243-8647 Email

Top of Page

Additional Coverages

Additional Coverage

Roadside Assistance

You get a flat. You need a tow. You lock yourself out of your truck. You ran out of fuel and need some delivered. GoodSpare from Independent Advantage covers events not typically covered by other insurance policies.

Benefits of this coverage include:

  • Mobile tire repair and replacement 
  • Tire discount program
  • Towing assistance
  • Windshield repair/replacement
  • Jump start and pull start
  • Lock-out/Replacement key assistance
  • Flat tire assistance
  • Fuel, oil, fluid and water delivery service
  • BenefitHub – National values and discounts
  • Emergency destination assistance benefit
  • Emergency travel expense
  • Ambulance expense 

Add Roadside Assistance to your plan.

Call 833-243-8647 Email

Top of Page

Deductible Buyback

You have coverage for a loss, which is good news. The bad news? You now must pay the deductible on that coverage. Deductible Buyback can reimburse drivers for deductibles due to a covered loss, offsetting a potentially costly settlement for the driver. Your out-of-pocket deductible, after reimbursement, could be as low as $500. 

Deducible Buyback can help put motor carriers at ease, too, knowing there is a financing source for payment of a covered loss. 

Add Deductible Buyback to your plan.

Call 833-243-8647 Email

Top of Page

Gap Coverage is insurance that covers the difference between the actual cash value (ACV) of a damaged or stolen vehicle and the amount still owed on the vehicle under a loan or lease.

This difference also arises due to the rapid depreciation of most automobiles in their early years and can prove problematic if the car is totaled in an accident or is stolen and unable to be recovered.

Add Gap Coverage to your plan.

Call 833-243-8647 Email

Top of Page

Passenger Accident

This coverage is designed to provide medical coverage, as well as accidental death and dismemberment coverage to commercial truck passengers.

Add Passenger Accident to your plan.

Call 833-243-8647 Email

Top of Page

The information contained herein is for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon in place of legal and/or risk management advice. All policies referenced herein are subject to the actual terms, conditions, limitations and eligibility requirements of the policies as determined by the applicable insurer.