TrueNorth Announces Leadership Advancements
TRUENORTH ANNOUNCES NEXT PHASE OF LEADERSHIP SUCCESSION PLAN EFFECTIVE JANUARY 2023
(Cedar Rapids, Iowa, January 2023) - TrueNorth Companies, L.C., a closely and privately held risk management and insurance brokerage firm headquartered in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, today announced a series of leadership advancements and transitions with the intention of securing TrueNorth’s future as a legacy company and broker of choice.
“We have taken executive-level stability to heart as we prepare TrueNorth for everything the future holds,” said Jason Smith, TrueNorth’s Chief Executive Officer. “It’s a privilege and an honor to announce some significant leadership advancements that will serve to fuel and strengthen TrueNorth’s planned trajectory in the years and decades to come."
Several officer appointments are taking effect in January: Matt Rathje, TrueNorth’s Senior Vice President of Client Operations will now assume the role of Chief Operations Officer. Chad Thurm, Senior Vice President of Transportation has been appointed TrueNorth’s Chief Financial Officer. Bill Teubel, TrueNorth’s former CFO, will remain on the board as Senior Strategy Officer, and Max Smith has transitioned from Executive Vice President of Risk Management to the role of TrueNorth’s Chief Commercial Officer.
With an eye on the future, and with the collaboration and support from key leadership across all divisions and departments, these leaders will begin laying groundwork to support TrueNorth’s strategic plans and continued growth. In concert with the officer appointments, several internal promotions have also taken place in January as part of TrueNorth’s thoughtful and deliberate approach to developing exceptional talent and growing the organization from within.
- Assistant General Counsel, Robynn Westphal. has been promoted to General Counsel for TrueNorth
- Senior Vice President of Risk Management, Stu Haker, is assuming Max Smith’s former role as TrueNorth’s Executive Vice President of Risk Management
- Transportation Principal & Practice Leader, Bill Zenk, has been appointed Executive Vice President of Risk & Workforce Solutions
- Transportation Principal & Practice Leader, Chris Gulker, has been promoted to Senior Vice President of Transportation
- Director of Client Services, Andrew Mills, has been promoted to Vice President of Operations of Risk & Workforce Solutions
- Manager of Strategic Initiatives, Garrett Shekleton, has been promoted to Vice President of Operations of Risk Management
TrueNorth® Companies, L.C. is a risk management and insurance brokerage firm focused on creating value for our clients, colleagues and communities. The organization is designed to maintain its closely and privately held business model supported by an organic growth and internal perpetuation strategy. TrueNorth is headquartered in the Midwest with offices in Iowa, Illinois and Colorado and colleagues located in over 20 states across the nation. Learn more at truenorthcompanies.com.